What’s new? Summer Edition 2014

What’s new, guys?)))
I wanna add an information component to my blog…at least I’ll try:). I always track the latest releases of different artists. And I think, writing this type of posts, I can help other operafans to get to know about them. So I’d like to inform you about upcoming CDs, DVDs of the most interesting singers (in my opinion) every season of the year. Today it's Summer Edition!!!

CD RELEASES:


Anna Netrebko · Plácido Domingo
Francesco Meli · Johannes Dunz
Roberto Tagliavini

Philharmonia Chor Wien
Münchner Rundfunkorchester
Paolo Carignani










My comments: Netrebko and Domingo…it’s already success for this CD and the opera itself is new for me. So I’m definitely gonna explore it!


As a birthday present for Jonas’s anniversary a famous label «Decca» is going to release a box-set including four CDs: «Romantic Arias», «Wagner», «Verismo Arias» and «Sehnsucht». 













My comments: If you collect Jonas’s CDs, then you must buy it. Also it’s a pretty good option for those people who want to explore the work of this amazing tenor for the first time!


«Rival Queens» explores the artistic legacies of two legendary singers, Francesca Cuzzoni and Faustina Bordoni who were superstars of Italian opera and arch-rivals behind the curtain (and literally on stage!) in the 18th century. Two modern opera divas, Simone Kermes and Vivica Genaux, will present music by Bononcini, Handel, Leo, Lotti, Pollarolo, Porpora, and Porta, most of which has not been heard since the careers of Bordoni and Cuzzoni.







My comments: Cool idea for CD! Rarely performed music! I’m very excited about that!!!

DVD/BLU-RAY RELEASES:


Emily Magee (Prima Donna/Ariadne), Elena Moșuc (Zerbinetta), Jonas Kaufmann (The Tenor/Bacchus), Eva Liebau (Naiad/A Shepherdess), Marie-Claude Chappuis (Dryad/A Shepherd), Eleonora Buratto (Echo/A Singer), Gabriel Bermúdez (Harlequin), Michael Laurenz (Scaramuccio), Tobias Kehrer (Truffaldino), Martin Mitterrutzner (Brighella), Peter Matić (The Major-Domo) Cornelius Obonya (M. Jourdain), Thomas Frank (The Composer)

Wiener Philharmoniker, Daniel Harding (conductor), Sven-Eric Bechtolf (director)









My comments: I haven’t watched this opera and I think I’m not going to do it in the near future. But I adore Jonas Kaufmann and I know that many of you do too. So for Jonas fans it’s a must!


Anna Netrebko · Gaston Rivero
Plácido Domingo · Marina Prudenskaya

Staatskapelle Berlin
Daniel Barenboim











My comments: I’m so happy about this release!!! I’ve seen its photos! I love the costume design and the concept of a puppet theater. It’s one of my favorite Verdi operas and the presence of Anna Netrebko is always interesting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opera Challenge

What’s new? Autumn Edition 2014 (CD)