Opera Challenge

Hi, everyone! Today I’m gonna do the so-called «30 day opera challenge»! I know, I’m A BIT late to the party but I have a very good excuse - I wasn’t a blogger those days:). Many opera fans took part in it and I’d love to be integrated into this opera community as well! But I’m not gonna do it for 30 days, I’ll make one post with all my answers:). To be honest, it was hard to choose one answer in each category but rules are rules. I’ve got this kind of challenge from the blog «Prima la musica».

Day 1:  Best Overture – «Don Giovanni»
The music is so stunning!!! It always gives me big goose bumps!
Day 2:  Favorite Composer – Puccini
He really speaks to my heart!
Day 3:  Best Soprano – Maria Callas
She is unique! You can always recognize her! She is just the greatest!
Day 4:  Best Mezzo-Soprano – Cecilia Bartoli
Amazing actress and singer!!! I respect her very, very much for her desire to bring unknown and beautiful baroque pieces to the world!
Day 5:  Best Alto/Contralto – Lina Mkrtchan
Lina is a great artist who opens her heart in every piece she sings.
Day 6:  Best Tenor – Jonas Kaufmann
There is nothing to explain here! It’s obvious! Jonas has charisma and a beautiful voice that you can’t stay indifferent to him!
Day 7:  Best Baritone – Dmitri Hvorostovsky
Adorable baritone of the opera world and a great Verdian singer!
Day 8:  Best Bass/Bass-baritone – Ildar Abdrazakov
Ildar has everything you would love to see in an opera singer: beautiful voice, technique, charm))).
Day 9:  Best Comedy – «Cosi fan tutte»
It’s a romcom in the operaworld! It always makes me laugh!
Day 10:  Best Tragedy – «Tosca»
It’s one of my favorite operas. All three main characters are perfectly written. And each of them has a splendid aria.
Day 11:  Best Opera all around – «Carmen»
It’s the most famous, powerful, passionate, captivating opera maybe of all time!!! It’s a must-see!
Day 12:  Best Libretto all around – «Don Giovanni»
Another amazing piece!!! I adore the recitatives between Leporello and Don Giovanni, they are essential of the whole story.
Day 13:  Favorite Comedic Role – Leporello
Leporello is the funniest guy ever! Love him!
Day 14:  Favorite Tragic Role – Mimi
I always cry when she dies…maybe there are much worse tragedies in opera but this touches me the most.
Day 15:  Favorite Couple – Don Giovanni and Leporello
Bromance rules!
Day 16:  Most Tragic Romance – Carmen and Jose («Carmen»)
Let’s say, in the overture Bizet lets us know that the story has a bad ending. Passion can be dangerous!
Day 17:  Happiest Romance – Angelina and Prince Ramiro («La Cenerentola»)
It’s a fairy tale which every girl dreams of)))
Day 18:  Most Visually Entertaining Opera
It depends on a production. «The magic flute» has a very entertaining plot!
Day 19:  Most Powerful Aria – «Nessum Dorma» from «Turandot»
This aria blows everything away!
Day 20:  The Opera You Listen to Most – «La Boheme»
I know almost every aria by heart)
Day 21:  And Opera You’d sell a Kidney to See – «Tosca» with Maria Callas in the title role
Unfortunately, we don’t have an opportunity to hear Maria Callas at a live concert anymore. But I’d love to.
Day 22:  Best Opera to See With a Friend – «Il barbiere di Siviglia»
It’s a funny opera with famous melodies. That’s a very good choice!
Day 23:  Best Opera to See With a Lover – «L’elisir d’amore»
«The elixir of love» is a romantic story without a tragic end (which is cool!)! It’s perfect for a romantic evening!)
Day 24:  Best Opera to See Alone
I prefer a company:)
Day 25:  Least Favorite Misconception about Opera
I don’t understand when people say «Opera is boring!»
Day 26:  Your First Favorite Opera – «Eugene Onegin»
I don’t remember exactly but «Onegin» is definitely one of my first loves:)
Day 27:  If You Could Play Any One Role, What Would it be? – Fiordiligi from «Cosi fan tutte»
No matter what I consider that she is a strong and loving person. Yeah, she fails the fidelity test but she feels guilty unlike her sister. And it’s a comedy:).
Day 28:  Take Your Favorite Opera, and Make Your Dream Cast
G. Bizet «Carmen»: Carmen – Elina Garanca, Don José – Jonas Kaufmann, Micaëla – Anna Netrebko, Escamillo – Ildar Abdrazakov.
Day 29:  Most Attractive Artist Ever – Ildar Abdrazakov
Ah!!! Ildar!!!
Day 30:  Best Finale – «Carmen»
The most thrilling 20 minutes in the opera world!!!

If you’ve been living in a cave like me, it’s never late to do this challenge yourself:). I’d love to know your answers! Leave comments below:).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Mezzo!